Dated December 2017.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We Hear You Online reserves the right to collect and store information about you when you are using the service. This information may be used to supplement the improving the quality of the Service, its functionalities, personalize your experience, track usage of the Service, provide feedback to third party businesses that are listed on the Service, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and comply with legal obligations.
Information collected include:
Account Information: Once the account has been created on We Hear You Online, we may store or use your personal information such as name, email etc. that you have provided at the time of account creation. You can modify some of the information associated with your account by contacting us at [email protected]
Public Content: The information that you contribute through the Service is intended for public consumption, including your reviews, tips, photos, videos, check-ins, comments, likes, posts, bookmarks, friends, lists, compliments, and account profile. We may display this information through the Service, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services.
Activity: We reserve the right to monitor and store information about the usage of the Service such as search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit, reservations, computer model, or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs. Some options to disable are available through your device itself such as locational services through privacy settings.
Processes - Intended to make the Service work in the way you expect.
Authentication, Security, and Compliance - Prevention of fraud, protection of data, complying with legal requirements.
Preferences - Intended to remember information about personalization of the Service.
Notifications - Allows or prevents notices of information or options that we think could improve your use of the Service.
Analytics - Intended to help us understand how visitors use the Service.
Managing Cookies: It is possible to adjust the cookies through device or browser settings but this may hinder the Service from function as intended.
3. THIRD PARTIES
By signing up to our service, third parties may receive specific information such as:
- Service Providers: Some support and services are provided by third parties through the Service such as such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of the Service, and other functions. It may be deemed necessary to share information from or about you with these third party providers so that they can perform their services or complete and comply by your requests. Vice versa, the third party service providers may share information with us, their subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control, in concern to you. Please note that the information you provide is being provided to the third party with the way the Service is set up.
- Aggregate Information: User information can be shared as a cumulative effort.
- Businesses on We Hear You Online: We reserve the right to share information from or about you (such as your age and gender), your submissions to the Service, your devices, and your use of the Service with businesses listed on We Hear You Online.
- Investigations: We follow all legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders such as warrants, subpoenas, statutes, judicial proceedings or other legal process served to us to ensure that we are helpful in the prevention, investigation, or identification of possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service. We also will follow all legal process and law enforcement if it protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public. As a plan of action, We Hear You Online may share the details of any complaints flagged.
- Facebook and Twitter: If used to sign up through your Facebook account or another third party service, we may receive the information you have provided to these parties. We Hear You Online may uses this information to help create your account and connect and share public content with your friends and followers. You can manage how you link your We Hear You Online account to third party services here. Please note that if you interact with Facebook, Twitter, or other third party icons through the Service, including “Like,” “Share,” or similar buttons, those companies may collect information about you, such as your device’s IP address. Your interactions with these and other third parties are governed by the third parties’ privacy policies.
4. DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
We follow government rules in regards to minors. Parental consent is required to provide personal information for minors. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us here. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account as soon as possible to ensure the security of the child.
This is a disclaimer that no method of transmission over the world wide web, device, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We endeavor to keep your information safe and secure by following industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
8. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
We Hear You Online does not reveal your private information to external parties inclusive of third parties, without consent. For questions or concerns with reference to this document, or to request changes in preferences, contact us at [email protected]